The Marvelous Macaroni is easy and inexpensive to make. It catches most fresh water fish.
The Marvelous Macaroni
The Marvelous Macaroni can be jigged vertically, retrieved slowly for a swaying action or retrieved quickly with a darting action. When the tube is bent, the action increases. Size and weight can be determined by the fishing conditions. You can change the color just by dipping the lure in paint.
Is easy and fun to make!
What You Need
Plastic Tubing – Size – Your Choice Pliers with Cutter
Split Shot – Diameter of Tubing Butane Lighter
Heavy Monofilament Fishing Line Awl or Nail
Treble Hook- Size – Your Choice Paint – Color- Your Choice
Swivel- Size – Your Choice
What You Do
- Cut a piece of plastic tubing to the desired length.
- Dip the tubing in a preferred color of paint and allow to dry.
- Cut a piece of heavy monofilament line 6″ longer than the piece of tubing.
- Securely tie a treble hook at one end of the line.
- Attach split shots to the line, for weight, no longer than tube length.
- Slip the line through the tube pulling the split shots into the tube.
- Pull the line until the treble hook is about 1/4 inch from the tube end.
- Squeeze the open tube and apply heat to melt closed. Don’t melt the line.
- Run the line through the swivel and knot.
- Cut excess line from the swivel.
What You Do
- Repeat steps #1 – #10.
- Heat the tube slightly at the desired spot (s) and bend the tube.
- Allow to cool.
Your lure should look something like this.
Share your thoughts about this page in the comment section of the home page. Would you use a homemade lure that worked but that didn’t look great? Have you made lures? Did you use a kit or make the design and find the materials?